Keeping in mind the increasing drug trafficking in the Philippines, the country’s President Rodrigo Duterte has taken a major decision. In fact, the President of the Philippines, Rodrigo Duterte, has publicly ordered the top customs chief officers to shoot drug smugglers wherever they see them. After this order of Duterte, the national police has come into action and started the raid, furthering the operation against drug traffickers more vigorously.
Significantly, this order of Rodrigo Duterte is said to be the most dangerous because Duterte has previously retracted on cases of illegal murders. Let us know that Rodrigo Duterte called his cabinet meeting late Monday in the Philippines regarding the global epidemic like coronavirus. It was during this meeting that the President of the Philippines, Rodrigo Duterte, gave this order to Ray Leonardo Guerrero, Commissioner of the country’s Customs Bureau. However, Ray Leonardo Guerrero was not involved in this cabinet meeting. Duterte also said that there are still drugs coming from across the border in our country.
Human rights organizations expressed concern
Significantly, 5,700 suspected smugglers have been killed so far under Duterte’s campaign against the smuggling of drugs for the last four years. It is believed that most of these suspected smugglers were poor. However, the National Police working under this operation says that most of the suspected smugglers were killed during this mission because they attacked us. That is why we took this step in self-defense. In such a situation, the human rights organizations of the Philippines and the governments of western countries have expressed deep concern on this whole matter. All of them believe that crime against humanity is increasing under this campaign of the President of the Philippines, Rodrigo Duterte, demanding a hearing in international court against Duterte’s rule.